Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Friday, July 27, 2012

Lian's California Salad



Last semester, for social studies, I had to invent a product where all the parts were made or grown in California, because that is where I am from.  I made a salad from different crops that are grown here. I even had a map showing where the crops were grown and I drew a picture of the salad. For Fun Food Friday I made it into a real Salad. I used Mom's homemade house dressing for the salad. It's my favorite dressing so she named it after me.

What you need for the salad:
1 head of any kind of lettuce. We use green leaf, red leaf or romaine
1 onion, any kind. We use white, red, yellow or brown.
3 green onions
1 tomato
1 cucumber
1 carrot
1/2 green pepper
A few heads of broccoli

Add ons:
Any kind of veggies you like in a salad
You can also add cheese pieces or chunks of meat

Directions: 
Have a grown up cut up the veggies into bite size pieces. Then tear the lettuce in small pieces. Mix it all together.



What you need for the dressing:
1 cup of skim sour cream
1/3 c of skim milk
The seasonings you like. We use garlic and onion powder, and black pepper.
Grated Parmesan cheese to taste. I also add cheddar sprinkles.

Directions: Mix the seasonings and cheese into the sour cream. Use as much as you like it to be. Add 1/2 the milk and whisk it until it's smooth. Then add more milk until it is as thick as you want it. If it gets too thin add more sour cream.


Mom lets me help with the lettuce and cutting the green onions and mixing, but this is the first time I made the whole thing. I really like my salad. I got an A on my project. It is one of the reasons social studies is my favorite subject.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site