Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Monday, July 9, 2012

Make a Silhouette


 Make Something Monday


I wanted to make melted crayon gift for my Gran. Mom suggested a silhouette since it is on my summer list. It is not as easy as it looks to make one. In the end we used the photo editor, paint.net, to make it. 



 First we made several photos of a side shot of my face. Once we found one I liked, I opened it into the editor. Using the eraser tool, I erased everything in the photo except my face and neck. After that I used the feather tool to blur the edges of my face. Then, with the magic wand tool, I selected the white portion of the photo and then inverted the section so that my face was selected.  Finally I used the fill bucket to make that part black. When we tried to print we discovered that our printer was out of ink so once it was printed I colored it in with black crayon.




Mom helped me with the screen shots here.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site