Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Sunday, July 29, 2012

We Give Books: Twisters





I am going to try to tell you about the books I read at We Give Books. They are really terrific. Plus, maybe if I talk about them I will read more of them. 

This week I read a book called Twisters by Kate Hayden


http://www.wegivebooks.org/books/dk-readers-twisters





This book told me lots of neat things about twisters. There is a  page that lists the sizes and another that tells about different kinds. There are really great stories, like the one about a baby that got picked up by a twister and moved 300 ft without ever waking up and another about a man who had his birth certificate blown miles away to land in his own friend's yard.  I also read about how they track twisters with satellites and how you should build a room underground to stay safe during a twister. 

The book had lots of great information and neat pictures. I have read it again already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site