Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday Shout Out 7/14

Hello



How was your week everyone? Mine was great. I went to my cousin's birthday party last weekend and I have been doing fun projects on my Summer List. Our new clay and paint came in this week so we have lots of great plans for next week. Also, my fourth grade text books came on Friday. My science and social study books are much bigger and I can't wait to get started on them. The best part is the art kit. It is always my favorite school supply to get and I can't believe they just give it to us.

Before I get to the city I chose to learn more about, I want to say "Hello and thank you" to true blue places like The City of The Dalles OR, Mountain View CA, and Tomball TX. I see these cities everyday on my blog list and I am so grateful to have regular readers.


This week I chose to have a look at Redwood City CA. I like its name and my uncle lives nearby there. It was a great choice. Redwood City is  a Charter City. That means that it can decide how the city is governed instead of having to follow state laws about it. They have a city manager instead of a mayor and laws are made and voted on by the city residents and not by the city council. I had never heard of this before. I love learning new things. This is the kind of thing I started Adventures in Geography to learn. 

They have such a great website http://www.redwoodcity.org/  with lots of information about the city including history and pictures. I love pictures. In the photo gallery there is file for architecture. The buildings they show are really terrific. Exactly the kind of buildings I like to draw. Plus I liked reading about the history of the city library, right on the front page. It seems like a really nice place to live.

You can get more information about Redwood City at


Shout Out to all the wonderful people who visited my blog this week and to the awesome places where they live. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site