Not all projects are successful but they are almost always fun. Our latest project was to build a river from its source to its mouth. For this project we used some boards, aluminum foil, trash bags and duct tape.
It was way harder and more involved than I thought it would be. I made sketches but I didn't know how big it would get. First we laid out and duct taped the trash bags to give us a flood area of the river. Then we folded the foil into a riverbed. It took a long time and it was really bright. Mom got sunburned on her front from it.
It totally flooded out in so many places and it never made it all the way to the end. But it was SO much fun. I have some ideas on how to make it better. I will get the river flowing before summer is over!!!
In the meantime I will work on more projects from my Summer Bucket List. Coming up soon we have prints made on milk, a home made barometer, an underwater viewer, marbleized designs and my first attempt at stop motion animation. This is the best summer ever