Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

We Give Books: One Cool Friend




Hello Everyone. I hope you had a great week. Last week I sent an email to the author of the book I reviewed and she sent me one back. That was so great. No one ever sends me a reply except to tell me they don't send replies.


I had so much fun with this week's review. The main character of the story I read, likes to dress really nice. I like that. I would wear my suit every day if Mom would let me. I wish I had lots of them to wear.

http://www.wegivebooks.org/books/one-cool-friend


I read One Cool Friend by Toni Buzzeo. It was a terrific book about a boy who is  different from other kids. He dresses and thinks different and doesn't like to be around a lot of people. We could be best friends. His dad takes him to the aquarium and he finds penguins that he thinks are a lot like he is, so he asks his dad if can take one home. His dad thinks he means a plushie toy. Elliot and his new friend have fun. They eat pizza and go skating and visit the library. The end was the best. I won't tell you how it ends but I really thought something else would happen. 




 I visited the author's website  http://www.tonibuzzeo.com/index.html and she had so much really great information on it. Not just about her books but also about her and not just about her books but lots of other children's books too. I want to read some more of her books. I wonder if I will find more people in her books like me except I would never take a penguin home it would not be happy.


http://www.wegivebooks.org/campaigns/readingpartners


My final book count for the summer is up to 33.  My goal was to only read 15 books over the summer. I am so excited. That is way more than last summer. You can read about the campaign I am reading for right now here @ http://www.wegivebooks.org/campaigns/readingpartners. There are over 2,500 people reading for Reading Partners now. and we have read over 10,000 books together.  We still need a lot more to make our goal though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site