Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Friday, August 10, 2012

Solar Powered S'mores



For Food Fun Friday, we brought out the solar oven again (Solar Powered Stars). This time we made s'mores with white and dark chocolate. It was a really hot day so they didn't have cook very long. The s'mores tasted so good but they were really sticky. 


I was really thinking that the temperature in the box would get very high since last time it was 121°. It didn't get very hot at all. I think maybe because last time the crayons cooked for 20 or 30 minutes and this time it was just a few minutes. 



I was thinking of doing the solar oven for my science fair project next year  if my teacher will give me permission to sign up for it. I need to have fewer variables. How hot it is outside might matter as much as how long when measuring the temperatures in the box.




I can't wait to use my oven again. I still want to make nachos and a quesadilla and also, maybe hot dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site