Hey Viewers!
My Gran has a hummingbird nest in her backyard. She says it has been there for a long time and she didn't expect that it get used again. Gran has food out for the birds and I have seen a lot of them waiting for her to hang it up sometimes.
Mom and I did some research and I found out some neat things about hummingbirds.
Hummingbirds live for about five years.
They lay their eggs in late spring and early summer.
Hummingbirds are known to steal each others nests.
They may use their own nest again but more likely they will move in to one that isn't being used. Mothers usually lay two eggs the size of a jelly bean and they take 16 - 18 days to hatch.
When the babies grow up they fly away and don't come back.
Some hummingbirds migrate but where we live they are here all year long,
The kind of nest we have is a cup style nest but hummingbirds build other kinds as well.
I think the kind of bird in the nest is an Anna's Hummingbird.
I love birds. One of my first posts was about a bird nest in our backyard http://lianssummeroffun.blogspot.com/2011/06/baby-bird.html. I can't wait to see these babies.
This post is dedicated Miss Lynn, I hope you like the pictures
Follow Lian, a fun loving seventh grader, as he talks to members of his community and explores the boundaries of his world. Help Lian Interview President Obama
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What People Are Reading This Week
-
Last weekend mom and me saw a clown, Chiquilin Chirolito , at the park making balloon animals. That is so neat. He let us take his pictur...
-
This is a great project, especially because it was present for my cousin Michelle. It wasn't as easy as it looks but we figured ...
-
Guest post by Shelle Perry (Lian's Mom) I was really surprised to see a big deal being made by Connections Academy over Learni...
-
Hey Viewers! Back in April, I was blogging about Pirate Night at the library and one of the things I did was make balloon swords with A...
-
Hey Viewers! Tonight we went to the Corona Public Library. I love going to the library. There was a costume workshop. A nice lady name Ho...
-
We spent the afternoon making cool patterns in milk using the principle of surface tension. You need milk, food coloring, cott...
-
Welcome to Lian's Blogaversary Party I have the Highlights From My Second Year here, but these are some facts about my secon...


It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd without a doubt donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now i'll settle
ReplyDeletefor book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
I look forward to new updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
Chat soon!
Feel free to visit my web page: vaccineeducationonline.org
Wow, wonderful blog layout! How long have
ReplyDeleteyou been blogging for? you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your web
site is wonderful, as well as the content!
Also visit my homepage vietnam travel