Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Making School Fun: Making A Cave

Today I made a cave. I love caves they have so many great shapes and colors. This project was for my January science portfolio. Every month I send in assignments from every subject to prove that I did the work and I am learning. My teacher grades those assignments and tells me and mom what I need to work on. 

For this assignment we studied limestone and cave formations. The patterns that water makes as it carves out the cave and deposits minerals is super neat.  My favorite formation is a pool spar. It looks like a gem flower. Here is my cave







A- Stalactites
B- Stalagmites
C- Column
D- Pool Spar
E- underground pool
F- Cave Bacon (very cool)

Here is a link to learn more about cave formations http://www.caverntours.com/KIDSPAGE_Formations.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site