Visit SummerOfFunBlog.com Keep up with all of Lian's Adventures.

Lian's Summer of Fun

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Super Science!

Yesterday, I went to an online science class, Supercharged Science. It was about light waves and so much fun. I learned how to make a microscope out of two magnifying glasses. Did you know that there is an owl on a dollar bill? I found one with my microscope.

 The teacher told us why a pencil looks broken in a glass of water. It is because light waves change speed when it goes from air to water. It looks different with different liquids because the light goes at different speeds in different liquids. I used water and dish soap for my experiment.





She also showed us how to see radio waves using a tv remote and a digital camera. It doesn't cost much but we can't afford to pay for the course every month. I wish I could though, there are so many neat experiments to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What People Are Reading This Week

Click Every day! The Autism Site