I finally learned how to blow up a balloon. We spent the whole afternoon remodeling our balloon taped to a straw to try to get it to fly across the zipline. I love how fun it is too see the balloon take off under the air pressure. I love spending time with my mom. It didn't really work well at first but it's how you attach the balloon. Our first ones didn't work because there wasn't enough pressureforce coming out of the balloon The way we attached the balloon had too much friction. There was a lot of wind too. The straw would fly across the line all by it self in the wind. But we did it and it flew all the way across the yard so fast! You can see the video we made on the Science is Fun page. We did this before as part of a science lesson on force but we couldn't make it work then either. I am so happy we got it too really zip.
Follow Lian, a fun loving seventh grader, as he talks to members of his community and explores the boundaries of his world. Help Lian Interview President Obama
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Balloon Blast Off
I finally learned how to blow up a balloon. We spent the whole afternoon remodeling our balloon taped to a straw to try to get it to fly across the zipline. I love how fun it is too see the balloon take off under the air pressure. I love spending time with my mom. It didn't really work well at first but it's how you attach the balloon. Our first ones didn't work because there wasn't enough pressureforce coming out of the balloon The way we attached the balloon had too much friction. There was a lot of wind too. The straw would fly across the line all by it self in the wind. But we did it and it flew all the way across the yard so fast! You can see the video we made on the Science is Fun page. We did this before as part of a science lesson on force but we couldn't make it work then either. I am so happy we got it too really zip.
Labels:
air pressure,
balloon,
online learning,
science is fun,
summer fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What People Are Reading This Week
-
Last weekend mom and me saw a clown, Chiquilin Chirolito , at the park making balloon animals. That is so neat. He let us take his pictur...
-
We spent the afternoon making cool patterns in milk using the principle of surface tension. You need milk, food coloring, cott...
-
Hey Viewers! Back in April, I was blogging about Pirate Night at the library and one of the things I did was make balloon swords with A...
-
We did an experiment with red pepper flakes that was so cool. We made a bar of soap magically move them through water. You need a dish with ...
-
Last night I made mini pizzas for dinner. It was so great that I could do it myself. They tasted awesome! Mine were cheese and dad wanted on...
-
Today we visited a water wise garden. This is a garden where the plants need little or no watering to survive. They get most of what they...
Good Job!! Looks like fun! Great video! That's cool!
ReplyDelete